This tumblr is a response to one girl's quest to reblog all quality Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Community and related Fandom posts as possible. Also anything that's lol-worthy. As a young and free Australian, most obstacles to this objective are related to time-zones and university courses.Ask me anything
Nate Fick is like that guy that you bring home to mom and dad and is really nice to your parents and calls your mom Miss and your dad Sir and eats their food and compliments their house then later demolishes you in your childhood bedroom while covering your mouth with his hand so you don’t wake your parents up because thats impolite
A short dialogue in which car theft is used as a metaphor representing various aspects of racism, including, but not limited to, cultural appropriation, whitewashing, the concept of "reverse racism," and the "educate me" derailing technique.
- Cop: You're under arrest for grand theft auto.
- Driver: What? I was just APPRECIATING that person's car!! They should be FLATTERED.
- Cop: Still, the car isn't yours to appreciate, and the owner is very upset that you're driving it without their permission.
- Driver: Shouldn't it be about the quality of the driving, not the rightful owner of the car? Maybe I'm just a better driver than them!
- Cop: I'm sure the owner is a fine driver. Besides, it doesn't matter how good a driver you are, this isn't your car to drive. You're going to have to give it back.
- Driver: What, so when I take a car away from THEM, I get arrested, but THEY can take one away from ME without any problem? I'd like to press charges for reverse theft.
- Cop: There's no such crime as reverse theft, sir, they're just taking back a car that belongs to them in the first place.
- Driver: How DARE you say reverse theft isn't a crime? It might not be as bad as regular theft, and it may not be illegal, but it still HURTS to have this car taken away!!
- Cop: Sir, I'm looking here and it seems you have another outstanding warrant for grand theft auto. Have you stolen another car?
- Driver: No, my GRANDFATHER stole that car and left it to me when he died. It's not my fault it got stolen, so why are you trying to make me feel guilty about it?
- Cop: The driver still wants their car back, sir, it doesn't matter who stole it, the fact is that it WAS stolen and you're the one who has it.
- Driver: That's so unfair!! I shouldn't have to give up MY car just because of something bad my grandfather did!!
- Cop: It's not your car, sir, it's theirs, and you need to give it back.
- Driver: UM, you don't fight theft with more theft. I don't see why I should have my car taken away because my grandfather was a car thief!! I'm not a car thief, I shouldn't be punished for what my grandfather did!
- Cop: You ARE a car thief, sir, you're sitting in a stolen car right now. Both cars need to be returned.
- Driver: That's so unfair!! How am I supposed to get around?
- Cop: I suggest you BUY a car, much like the owners of this car and the one your grandfather stole.
- Driver: What, so I have to pay my hard earned money to buy a car and they get theirs back for free just because I stole it? Why do THEY get special treatment?
- Cop: They don't, sir, they just want the cars that belong to them.
- Driver: God, why do they have to make EVERYTHING about car theft? It's not even a problem in this country anymore.
- Cop: I feel like I should point out the irony of a man who doesn't own a car claiming car theft isn't a problem in this country while sitting in a car he stole, but I feel like you'll refuse to hear it.
- Driver: Wow, you're ASSUMING that I don't own a car of my own just because I have two cars that ARE stolen? Who's the REAL car thief?
- Cop: Still you, you're literally sitting in someone else's car.
- Driver: So I guess I can't take a taxi or get my friends to drive me places, or else you'll arrest me for grand theft auto because I'm "in someone else's car."
- Cop: You MUST know that's not comparable to this situation. The difference there is that your friends INVITE you to ride in their car, and that you PAY to ride in a taxi, and that both your friend and the taxi driver can refuse to let you use their car if you don't agree to follow their rules.
- Driver: No, I did NOT know that. Maybe instead of arresting me, you should EDUCATE me on what I did wrong, and ask me NICELY to give the cars back.
- Cop: Sir, it isn't my responsibility to educate you, it's your responsibility to learn the law. You should know that stealing cars is wrong, and you can't blame everyone else for not telling you not to do it. Plus, if you'll notice, you're still not giving the cars back even now that you know it's wrong, and I've now explained to you several times WHY it's wrong, but you didn't seem to take "the owners of the car didn't want you to take it and insist you give it back" for an answer.